Monday, March 21, 2011

Raima Sen moves South

South Indian films are in vogue. Raima Sen has just jumped on board. The Chokher Bali actor has signed her first Malayalam flick, Veera Putran, opposite Prithviraj. Director PT Kunjumohamm-ed’s film is a historical period drama. In 2005, Raima had been seen in Teja’s Telugu film,

“When I was approached, I asked the director if he really wanted me since I have been mainly been involved with commercial cinema,” says Raima. “He told me that he had seen Aparna Sen’s The Japanese Wife and was impressed.”

Raima is playing Prithviraj’s wife. A language expert will help her with her diction. “For me, language has never been a barrier, I am open to any project that appeals to me as an actor. My mother (Moon Moon) and sister (Riya) have acted in several South Indian films so I’m really excited.” Raima is also busy with Hindi and Bengali films. There’s Tanuja Chandra’s Raakh opposite Rajeev Khandelwal and Rituparno Ghosh’s Nauka Doobi with sister Riya. “We love and respect Rituda and it’s great that he was the one to get Riya and me together on screen,” she beams. Raima has also done a “very small but important cameo” in Ghosh’s Chitrangada: The Crowning Wish. “Since we share a good rapport, I just can’t say turn down any offer from him,” reasons Raima, who plays a dancer in the film.

No comments: