Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Manisha Koirala is back in town

Actor Manisha Koirala will be shuttling between Kathmandu and Mumbai, because she is finally looking forward to re-establishing her career both as an actor and a filmmaker here.

The actress admits that she has taken up a place in Mumbai, even though her marriage means a trip to Kathmandu every two or three months.

“I will have to keep travellingbetween Kathmandu and Mumbai. I will be charting out my professional life soon. But I don’t want to hurry into anything. I have always paced my life the way I wanted to. It doesn’t matter what the expectations are, I work according to my own plans. I am very happy in my space,” says Koirala.

The actress admits that she is very happy with her role in the Malayalam film Elektra where the director (Shyamaprasad) has explored the Freudian Elektra complex. Koirala says that she wants to make a Hindi remake of that film.

“It was a great role and I am glad with the amount of critical acclaim that has come in with the film. I am exploring the possibility of making the film in Hindi. Let’s see how everything shapes up,” adds Koirala, whose first Nepali film incidentally, has reportedly bombed at the box office.

But the actor is instead upbeat about her next film with director Onir where she plays a Kashmiri girl.

“The moment I read the story of the film, I knew that I wanted to do it. I was in US when Onir mailed me the story and it really clicked. It’s a story about the friendship of two girls one of them is a Hindu (played by Juhi Chawla). The way my character was drawn up, it was very hard to tell him no. I think everybody will appreciate the way he has looked at the film and the way he has portrayed human relationships,” she ends.

For Koirala, it’s been a good 20 years in the film industry.

“It has really been a great journey for me and I am sure that there’s lot more that I will be able to give back to the industry. I am looking forward to doing some really great work,” she ends.

DNA

No comments: