Monday, December 13, 2010

‘Bollywood needs good scripts'

Bobby Deol, who has his eyes set on his upcoming release Yamla Pagla Deewana, confesses about his wrong choices in the industry with NIKHIL SHARMA

It's been quite a while now that we have seen him delivering any hit on silver screen. Critics rue that the charm of those curly locks and his action-packed avatar that worked in films like Gupt and Soldier is not working any more. But Bobby Deol feels he has all the reasons to smile and this year, though drawing to an end, is surely special for him with his second film with dad Dharmendra and bro Sunny slated for release this Friday. After Apne, the Deols will be seen together again in Yamla Pagla Deewana.

Says Bobby, “Nothing can be better than this for my career. I’m very excited to share screen space with my father and brother yet again who are also my favourite actors. Apne, though was not successful, would always remain special for me as for the very first time we three came together and rocked the screen. This time too, I’m sure the movie will do wonders. I’m getting thousands of wishes from my fans and a number of actors from the industry have posted about the movie on blogging sites which is really wonderful.”

Talking more about the film, Bobby says, “We were once listening to papa's song from the film Pratigya and we instantly decided to work on the film with the same title. But it took us almost one-and-a-half year to pen down the script. We then approached Samir Karnik to direct this movie and finally, it is all set to release.”

The actor will be seen after a long time onscreen and he says lack of good scripts in Bollywood is the reason. “There is dearth of good scripts in Bollywood because of which careers suffer strong blows. Sometimes, I also make mistakes in choosing the right script which ultimately results in disaster,” he shares.

Coincidentally, his father Dharmendra will complete his golden jubilee in the industry on the day of the release of Yamla..., and this is one of the reasons that excites Bobby. “It is a great feeling to see my father completing 50 years in Indian cinema. I’m really proud of him and I wish I could achieve just half of what he has. His style and charisma cannot be matched by any other actor in the industry till date. Besides being a great actor, he is a kind-hearted man who is always ready to help others,” he adds.

Whereas yesteryear superstar Dharmendra remains his biggest inspiration, his elder brother is his strength. “Sunny bhaiya treats me as his son and is really possessive. I remember the time when I was shooting my first film, he stopped all his shootings and accompanied me on the sets. I feel blessed to have such a loving brother in my life. I usually hear people saying harsh things about his nature which is unfair. He is a soft-hearted man and people who are close to him know him better,” he says.

The actor wants his son to be in the film industry just like his father, brother and himself. “As a doctor wants his kid to be a doctor, a businessman prefers his children to be in his business, similarly I want my son to act. Although I would never force him to do so, I would love to see him as a big actor some day,” adds he.

No comments: