Monday, July 18, 2011

I am here to stay in Bollywood, says Kajal

Mumbai, Jul 18 (PTI) South actress Kajal Agarwal, who made a blink-n-miss appearance in Aishwarya Rai-starrer 'Kyun Ho Gaya Na' is gearing up for her upcoming movie 'Singham', and says she is looking for a longer innings in Bollywood while continuing to work in films down South. "I am here to stay. There have been people who come and go. I would like to believe that I am here for a very long time. And Hindi being my language I am very comfortable with it...I can render my dialogues way more easily.. I don't have to mug up scripts and lyrics, which is a plus point," said Kajal, who playing the female lead opposite Ajay Devgn. Kajal had made a small appearance in Boney Kapoor's 'Kyun Ho Gaya Na', a romantic film, in 2004. "I don't consider 'Kyun Ho Gaya Na' as my debut in Hindi cinema because I barely had one shot in the film. And I was in ninth grade... I was 13 years old that time I did it for fun.That time acting was not on the agenda I was not serious of taking acting as a fulltime profession," the 26-year-old actress said. "I will choose the best of what offers I get. I will strike a balance between South and Hindi cinema. I have couple of Hindi films. But I am not supposed to speak about them. I am completing my South films now which is one Telugu film with Mahesh and one Tamil film with Suriya," Kajal said. Kajal's acting career spanning four years, she is already a name to reckon down South. She has 21 South movies to her credit, majorly worked in Telugu movies and did a couple of Tamil films as well. Directed by Rohit Shetty, 'Singham', an action film, stars Ajay and Kajal in lead roles. "'Singham' came my way when I was shooting for a Telegu film of mine in Hyderabad. At that time Rohit had seen my film 'Magadheera' which is a very big Telegu film.. he liked me and my role in the film," Kajal said. .

No comments: